Sunday, May 6, 2007

So Help You God

Last week mah editor testified at two federal trials. While she is still under oat, I would like to ask her a few questions.

Me: “Woman, can you describe how you spend a typical Saturday?”

Mah Editor: “On Saturdays, I usually sleep a little bit late, go running, then go to the grocery store. In the afternoon I go out to see you, sir.”

Me: “Last Saturday, did you go to the grocery store?”

Mah Editor: “Yes, I did.”

Me: “Which grocery store did you go to yesterday, which was a Saturday?”

Mah Editor: “I went to the Wal-Mart Supercenter.”

Me: “Is that the grocery store where you usually shops?”

Mah Editor: “Yes, it is.”

Me: “Is it your regular practice to buy Sam’s Brand Oat and Honey granola bars on your grocery shopping trips?”

Mah Editor: “Yes, it is.”

Me: “Did you buy them yesterday?”

Mah Editor: “No sir, I did not.”

Me: “Thank you. Your Honor, I has no further questions.”

No comments: